Job ID: COT-2023-15
Job Title: Senior Specialist Cyber Service Management
Division: Office of the Chief Information Security Officer
Reports To: Manager Cyber Service Management
Salary Range: $131K (flat salary no premium)
Work Location: 55 John Street, Toronto
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours work week
To support the execution of the Chief Information Security Officer’s (CISO) mandate, cyber vision and strategy, providing technical and business advice, support and services to all City divisions, agencies and corporations.
To define, develop and support cyber programs and initiatives, engaging with teams across the organization to build alignment on key projects and develop execution roadmaps.
To provide subject matter expertise, strategic advice, senior level guidance and operational support for Business Assurance.
- To provide, participate and contribute to the strategy to continuously improve the City’s cyber posture. To support the team in the effort to ensure that strategic goals are met and benefits are realized.
- To promote engagement and awareness by establishing relationships with stakeholders and partners upholding the highest standards of ethics, integrity, and accountability in order to maintain trust and confidence of the team and the extended divisions, corporations and agencies we serve.
- To be a single point of contact from Office of the CISO for a portfolio of clients; building strong relationships and managing client expectations and escalations.
- Manages cyber intake requests for client portfolios, gather information and coordinate with other areas in the Office of the CISO, communicate risks to the client and follow up to ensure remediation plans are developed.
- To lead, define and implement a business assurance framework along with requisite processes, and controls. To collaborate across all segments of the organization to ensure policies and standards are followed.
- Develops and implements detailed plans and recommends cyber security policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements. Supports service management process enhancements. Takes a proactive approach to identify gaps and opportunities to improvement.
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned project staff and contract resources, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervises the day-to-day operation of all assigned project staff and contract resources including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work. Coordinates vacation and overtime requests. Monitors and assists in evaluating staff performance, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provides direction, leadership, guidance, and advice to project teams, assigned project staff and contract resources. Oversees and reviews their work.
- Provides leadership to influence employee engagement to the organization, to the team, and to their role.
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Technology or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience with stakeholder management and client relations.
- Strong IT knowledge and cyber relevance with cyber threats, trends and technologies.
- Extensive experience in Information Security and program delivery.
- Extensive project management experience in deploying security-related initiatives.
- Experience working in transformative programs.
- Preferred Certifications (any in the list): CISSP, CISM or CISA
- Ability to work in transformative programs
- Ability to lead efficient communication between all project stakeholders, including internal teams and clients
- Ability to achieve business objectives through influencing and effectively working with key stakeholders.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (comfortable & confident communicating at all levels including business partners, leadership and vendors).
- Excellent problem-solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Highly organized, proactive, self-motivated team player who takes initiative and is able to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities with proven time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing priorities and projects.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Tenacious and willing to support the team during peak volumes and workloads with various activities.
- Able to work extremely well under pressure while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Self-motivated team player who takes initiative and can work independently.
- Transferable skills, like communication and decision-making, are equally important.
- Being able to think on your feet and show good judgment are especially valuable in this field. “Security pros should always be ready to react to cyber-related incidents quickly.
A normal work week is 35 hours, however, unforeseen situation may require extended hours of work with little or no prior notice. In case of a cyber incident or breach, rotation shift, continuous extended hours may be required with little or no prior notice.
*Subject to a police check, background check, psychological assessment and/or any other checks on a regular basis as the Office of the CISO handles highly sensitive and confidential information.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.