Job ID: COT-2023-14
Job Title: Manager Enterprise Application Resilience
Division: Office of the Chief Information Security Officer
Reports To: Director Business Application Resilience
Salary Range: $171K + 10% premium paid quarterly
Work Location: 55 John Street, Toronto
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours work week
To provide senior level strategic and tactical guidance to the Director Office of the Chief Information Security Officer as well as the Chief Information Security Office (CISO) in the execution of its mandate to establish and maintain a City-wide cyber program to ensure the City is adequately protected.
To provide leadership, guidance and manage the design, integration and implementation of cyber solutions that support the organization and the CISO’s strategic objectives.
To administer the unit’s financial and administrative responsibilities including the operating budget process, monitoring spending and revenues, and directing the unit’s cyber information technology program services, communications, human resources planning and decisions, quality assurance and staff training.
To collaborate with other segments of the organization to manage City-wide cyber initiatives.
To manage and provide leadership in the design, test, deployment, and sustainment of Cyber Security controls for Business Applications.
- Contributes to the overall successful development and execution of the cyber program to adequately protect the City.
- Interprets units’ goals, develops, and establishes broad scale, longer-term objectives, goals, or projects (e.g., affecting a business, division, several divisions or the organization).
- Implement and execute a quality assurance framework for the different types of security assessments (Threat Risk Assessment – TRA, Penetration Report, Security Architecture Review – SAR, Application & Cloud Security Assessment etc.) to ensure alignment, accuracy, completeness and reliability of the findings and recommendations.
- Provides senior level advice, expertise, and consultation to all levels of internal and external stakeholders on cyber matters including assessing risks, monitoring risks, identifying potential gaps, and providing cyber solutions to mitigate risks and protect the City.
- Drives forward the cyber mandate with internal, external, regulatory stakeholders to execute a cyber strategy.
- Develops, recommends and evaluates the units’ strategic planning activities as well as divisional integrated planning initiatives.
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Technology or a related discipline.
- Over 7 years of senior level experience in Information Security
- Deep knowledge of the overall Public/Private cloud landscape and experience with assisting clients to understand the myriad of options available which includes preparing business case to define an appropriate roadmap for their business and ultimately helping the clients in executing their roadmap.
- Extensive experience in cloud computing-based services architecture, technical design and implementations including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience with Azure services, security features, and architecture. Understand Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinel, Defenders and other relevant Azure secure security tools.
- Deep understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- A solid understanding of DevSecOps principles, CI/CD methodologies, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) deployment, secure automation & containerization, threat modelling and their associated tools.
- Extensive experience in migrating applications to the cloud, especially remediation/migration of legacy applications for cloud deployment.
- Extensive knowledge of security industry standards and best practices such as ISO 27001 and NIST standards.
- Experience with Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery.
- Strong understanding of security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities and the judgment to assess and articulate risk effectively.
- Knowledge of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance requirements and the concept of network segmentation to isolate cardholder data environments (CDE) from other networks.
- Preferred Certifications (any in the list): CISSP, CRISC, ISSAP, CISM, CISA, CCSK, TOGAF certified Architect, CCSP, Azure SEA, AWS CS
- Ability to work in transformative programs.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with all level of stakeholders.
- Motivated self-starter demonstrating integrity, initiative and innovation qualities.
- Strong analytical ability where problems are typically unusual and difficult.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.
- Ability to make quick decision.
- Strong business acumen with budgeting experience.
- Excellent understanding of audit and compliance standards.
- Experience with the audit process and performing risk-based audits.
- Ability to work with the broader IT organization and business management to align priorities and plans with key business objectives.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead under pressure, make decisions in ambiguous situations and drive cross functional collaboration in a short period of time.
- Demonstrated influence and persuasion skills, able to present to senior levels.
- Strong understanding of the business impact of security tools, technologies and policies.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and make decisions and recommendations with limited data
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing priorities and projects.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills with an aptitude for extracting and synthesizing complex information.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Transferable skills, like communication and decision-making, are equally important.
- Being able to think on your feet and show good judgment are especially valuable in this field. “Security pros should always be ready to react to cyber-related incidents quickly.
- Must be able to travel to all City of Toronto’s office locations and outside city/country for conferences if required.
A normal work week is 35 hours, however, unforeseen situation may require extended hours of work with little or no prior notice. In case of a cyber incident or breach, rotation shift, continuous extended hours may be required with little or no prior notice.
*Subject to a police check, background check, psychological assessment and/or any other checks on a regular basis as the Office of the CISO handles highly sensitive and confidential information.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.