Business Consultant – Level 2
Security Clearance: Active Secret
The required services of the Senior Advisor must include but not limited to the following
- Launch the approved Data Governance Framework, in collaboration with the Communications analyst by providing decks, speaking notes, internet content and communication tools;
- Develop documentation, and progress the operationalization of data policy instruments and processes;
- Facilitate ongoing communication with data domain stewards, curators, and data governance advisors across the client
- Develop and implement with the DIA training team a training and change management plan for data domain stewards, sub-domain data stewards, and data specialists
- Promote data governance, data quality, and data usage in the development, implementation, and management of use cases across the department;
- Oversee and coordinate data stewardship activities, including the creation, development and maintenance of the data stewardship register, the risk register and risk mitigation plan;
- Creation of Data Governance Scorecards that reports on a combination of data-specific indicators and governance maturity;
- Identify, implement, and monitor data governance metrics through a combination of data-specific indicators and governance maturity;
- Creation of a Roadmap and Communication Plan for launching the Data Governance Framework across all organizations of the client
- Develop procedure’s, guides and best practices on operationalizing data governance processes across Level 1s;
- Input to the training and change management plan for data domain stewards, sub-domain data stewards, and data specialists;
- Input for the completion of approved use cases supporting the operationalization of the Business Consultant framework
- Must have at least 5 years of experience, within the last 15 years, as a Business Architect working within an IM/IT or data centric environment.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience, within the last 10 years, with a DAMA data management professional certification.;
- Demonstrate experience drafting and implementing data governance frameworks and stewardship models in a defence or security context.
- Demonstrate experience gathering and developing requirements for data and analytics activities and development of implementation plans.
- Demonstrate experience with and certification in either Agile or Scrum project management methodologies.
- Demonstrate experience in developing or leading at least three (3) Data Governance or Data Management projects in the last five (5) years with the Departments or Agencies in the Government of Canada
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org