Go to Top


ipss career and contract FAQs

I want to join ipss, how do I get started?

First… make sure that your area of experience matches our service portfolio.


  • if you are already a consultant, contact us and send us your résumé highlighting areas of expertise/interest. We will arrange a meeting with you to discuss the next step.
  • if you are new to consulting, think about your career goals, where you are now and where you would like to be – is consulting the next step you want to take?

Third… if a career as a consultant appeals to you, call or email us to discuss further with our recruiting staff.

Fourth… if there is a good match between our service portfolio and your experience and interests, and if you are ready to take the next step, we will guide you through the rest of the process. An in-person meeting is often the best approach at this stage.

My security clearance is held by another firm - is this a problem?

No. As long as your security clearance is active, ipss will obtain your permission to duplicate it under our firm.

I want to work with the Federal Government and have no security clearance, how do I get one?

ipss will sponsor individual consultants for Federal Government security clearance when a contract for this individual is imminent or when a consultant is being proposed as part of an ipss bid.

Consultants currently working under contract with ipss may have their clearance upgraded to a higher level if this is required for their current or future work assignments.

May non-Canadians be granted a Personnel Security Screening/Security Clearance?

Yes. Permanent Residents who are non-Canadian citizens may be granted a Personnel Security Screening/Security Clearance.

What are acceptable forms of proof indicating an individual's status in Canada (Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency) for the purpose of obtaining a Personnel Security Screening/Security Clearance?

Acceptable forms of proof are:

  • a valid Canadian Passport
  • a valid Canadian Citizenship Card
  • a Canadian Birth Certificate
  • a valid Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada